Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Moviestuff ? VTrans & pressure plate :

  1. #1
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Basstruc:
    Hi ,
    First ,you did great job with the workprinter
    ,I'll try to find money to buy one as soon as I won't be a broke up student smile
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Terrific! I think you'll really like it.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Basstruc:

    I've got a question about the new colored bubles used on the workprinter : By undervoltage (I think this term does not exist ) using the remot ,won't you had sort of orange color ? (Hope you did understand me ) I think the Rank are using filters separation because of that .
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Well, actually the Rank does it electronically, I believe. You are correct that the coloration of the bulbs will go oranger as you turn them down. This is expected. However, the controls are set up for subjective values. In other words, you simply adjust the three dimmers until the picture looks right to you, regardless of what is actually going on in the mixing chamber. You will be changing the color to what you want by eye, as opposed to using printer's points.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Basstruc:

    Another question :
    Instead of creating a new Super8 camera that might be expensive ,why don't you try to upgrade the old one by ,for exemple ,hading a pressure plate ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Well, coming from someone that has opened his share of super 8 cameras, I can tell you it would be easier to make one from scratch. There is just no room in super 8 cameras for any kind of modification. Plus, I really don't want to continue using the Kodak cartridge, which is a dumb design from the beginning. Reel to reel loads are much better. If anything, I might just steal the Fuji design for their cartridge. They would be much easier to load in the darkroom.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Basstruc:

    One of the pleasure of super8 is using sort of old engin like the 4008 ZM .I heard that the french 9,5mm club ,in the 70's ,offered to transform any S8 camera to 9,5 .After changing the camera speed ,enlaring the gate ,ect ,ect ... the also gave new cardrige (with a space on pressure plate emplacement) & had a pressure plate directly on the camera .
    I think this would be a great & easy upgrading for super8 .
    MATT
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Wow! Having looked at the innards of a 9.5 camera, I can't believe that anyone could modify a super 8 camera into one. My hat's off to anyone that can do that! wink

    Roger



    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  2. #2
    Basstruc
    Guest Basstruc's Avatar

    Red face

    Hi ,
    First ,you did great job with the workprinter ,I'll try to find money to buy one as soon as I won't be a broke up student smile
    I've got a question about the new colored bubles used on the workprinter : By undervoltage (I think this term does not exist ) using the remot ,won't you had sort of orange color ? (Hope you did understand me ) I think the Rank are using filters separation because of that .
    Another question :
    Instead of creating a new Super8 camera that might be expensive ,why don't you try to upgrade the old one by ,for exemple ,hading a pressure plate ? One of the pleasure of super8 is using sort of old engin like the 4008 ZM .I heard that the french 9,5mm club ,in the 70's ,offered to transform any S8 camera to 9,5 .After changing the camera speed ,enlaring the gate ,ect ,ect ... the also gave new cardrige (with a space on pressure plate emplacement) & had a pressure plate directly on the camera .
    I think this would be a great & easy upgrading for super8 .
    MATT
    PS : As you may understood ,english isn't my mother taught ,so sorry

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Basstruc
    Guest Basstruc's Avatar

    Post

    By adapting a fuji Single8 pressure plate ( like those you could find on cheap P2 cameras ) on a super8 camera & light changes on a russian loadable cartridge ( removing the pressure plate & cutting two little pieces of plastique (on each side ) in order to do an empty place ) , I'm pretty sure it would do the trik .We would really gain in steadiness & sharpness .
    Matt

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Basstruc
    Guest Basstruc's Avatar

    Talking

    The only thing I would need is a cartridge opener in order to load Kodak emulsions on the reloadable russian cartridge .
    Matt

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •